Youth Leadership Summit 2017
India is one of the youngest nations in the world. About 65% of India’s population is under 35 years of age. This is the most dynamic segment of the population which can lead India on the road to growth and development. The youth today should be active drivers and not merely passive recipients of development.
The National Youth Policy 2014 introduced by the government envisions empowering youth of the country to achieve their full potential and through them enable India to find its rightful place in the community of nations. The Department of Youth Affairs is implementing programmes to develop the personality and leadership qualities of the youth and inculcate qualities of good citizenship and volunteerism among the youth.
Harnessing this talent, the Youth Leadership Summit 2017 engages young minds to create and develop the future cities in India. The summit provides a unique opportunity to students to participate in the conference sessions. This stimulation provides real experience where the youth participants can play a role in solving real-world problems of sustainability.
We invite students to participate in the Youth Leadership Summit 2017 at the One Mega Expo in Pragati Maidan, New Delhi during 23-25 May 2018.
- Exceptional student leaders will receive an opportunity to speak about their smart city assignment at a related session in the conference
- Showcase your project/solution or idea at the expo, if selected
- Share ideas and gain insights from distinguished leaders and innovators from the private, public, and nonprofit sectors.
- Complimentary entry into the conference and exhibition
- Invitation to be a speaker is subject to selection by the organiser/ conference technical committee
- Participant making an entry should be a student studying from educational institution
- Submission of an identity card issued by the institution is mandatory
- The project should relate with the topics of the conference
- It is mandatory to send the power point presentations/videos of the final projects. The final projects must illustrate the importance of sustainability cooperation in tackling some of the most pressing global challenges
- The presentations will be the joint property of the organiser and may be used by them for other purposes
- Quality presentation may be rewarded for a cash award by the organiser
- Accepted presenters will be provided a certificate of excellency by the organiser
- Please make sure that the details provided are correct as it will be used for promotion by the organiser
- All information is to be provided in English only
- The organiser does not cover travel, accommodation and ground logistics costs
- The organiser/ conference technical committee reserves the right to cancel the participation